Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Insanity in the Middle

"the insanity in the middle" (thanks to Eventing Nation) is the phrase that describes the thrill of what occurs between the red and white flags -eventers know what I am talking about.

It also describes like the last few months of my life...not much to report riding wise as I have had to take time off for my body to heal. But I have learned...that family might not be blood related. And that the friendships you make and keep will see you through. And I am lucky to have the family I do!

I am 2 rides back on Moose and am enjoying simply re-building our fitness. Both of us are fatter and lazier than we were at the beginning of the 2012 season. This was definitely not the plan!
Despite record high temperatures I can already feel winter coming...and can't help but feel the time running out to ride, learn and enjoy. Maybe I can salvage this season. Maybe not.

But enough about these thoughts...I know you all really want to see my baby goat as photos were promised in my last, long ago blog post.

With out further ado, I introduce Carlos!


My Helper



Cuddles
Lap Goat
Sleepy
After a bath

Handsome



4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! Carlos is soooo freaking cute! I want one. Welcome back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back posting! Cutie goat - and so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, but cutest goat ever! I am trying to convince my barn owner that we need a goat and a donkey :)

    ReplyDelete